Thursday 22 April 2010

Moskva

Well we've arrived in the big city at last, and what a contrast to our rural travels through Siberia - I think Moscow may have more high rises than all of Scotland!

Our companions joining us from the UK have made it through the dust cloud... only just - I think flight restrictions were only just lifted in time for them to lift off last night, just waiting for them to join us before we go and explore the glories of Moscow. And after a week on the train, I think the first stop will be the Banya for a decent wash...!

3 comments:

  1. Wondering how you were managing to blog in the middle of nowhere?! It sounds like you're having an amazing adventure - am very envious - what a journey! Ruaridh and I are following your progress with interest. Enjoy it and take care :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So whilst the rest of the world is worried about volcanic ash, and how to get home without flying, you have been travelling gracefully along by rail, and when you do get to a point that flying come into play, the authorities lift their restrictions.

    I am a little concerned about the influence you seem to have over global events. :-)=

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my travelling companions would beg to differ about my travelling gracefully...

    ReplyDelete