Sunday 4 April 2010

Travel treasure box


Spent friday evening in edinburgh with some of my sibs, and they gave me a little gift... it is a box full of useful things for my travels. These include:

travel wallet for my tickets
binoculars (i had been saying just the other day how good it would be to have a wee pair of bins for watching Siberia go by!)
gel hand warmers
baby wipes. so my companions can cope with several days on a train with me without a shower...
calculator for currency transactions
miniature of whisky, just in case I can't find anything to drink in Russia
paracetamol, just in case I can find something to drink in Russia
mini bottles of toiletries
chocolate snacks, for when I get bored of cabbage
notebook and pen, in case I think of anything worth writing down.

There were also a couple of books. One is a collection of writings by Lenin on the international working class. The other is a russian phrase book from c1960. It contains useful phrases such as:

"Can I have an advertisement inserted in a Moscow popular paper?"
"After tea we shall stroll down the street and make a few purchases."
"What fertilizers are used at the collective farm?"

Guess which one of these I may use?

If you have treasures of your own, you may be interested in this writing competition.

2 comments:

  1. Have you weighed your perfectly formed box of useful things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes: knowing which fertilizer could come in particularly handy, what with the "fertilizer" provided by the train & its open toilets. :)

    ReplyDelete